A high performance, peat free, organic multi-purpose compost suitable for a wide range of uses including growing seeds, plants and cuttings. It can also be used as a soil improver.
Green Machine™ Organic Multi-Purpose Compost provides essential nutrients for the best possible plant growth. It has been through rigorous testing and performs exceptionally well against competing products.
It is produced from approximately ⅓ BSI PAS 100:2011 and Compost Quality Protocol certified compost by volume and is specially blended with other natural products to provide a greener, kinder alternative to peat based products.
Mix of ⅓ Green Machine Soil Improver™, ⅓ Melcourt Sylvafibre® and ⅓ Melcourt Growbark® by volume. Contains Vitax Supagro No.1 controlled release fertiliser.
|Grade (particle size range)
||60%m/m of dry matter
|Physical contaminants & pathogens
||Within BSI PAS 100:2011 limits
|Potentially toxic elements
||Within BSI PAS 100:2011 limits
|As received (fresh)||Total mg/l|
All values given in the Technical Specification are typical. However, some variation may occur from time to time. Biowise Ltd reserves the right to amend the specification without notice, for the purpose of product improvement.
Green Machine™ Organic Multi-Purpose Compost can be used for indoor and outdoor plants and provides an ideal growing medium for a wide range of applications as follows:
For growing seeds:
- Loosely fill seed tray or pot with Green Machine™ Organic Multi-Purpose Compost, water in and allow for some settling.
- Sow your seeds evenly and cover lightly with compost.
- If you can it often helps to keep the pot moist by covering with glass or polythene.
- When your seedlings are large enough to go out on their own, separate them out to allow room for growth.
- Plant them in trays or pots filled with compost, firming in with care and water well.
Growing from cuttings:
- Fill your container with Green Machine™ Organic Multi-Purpose Compost and water well.
- Prepare the cutting by trimming leaves before the first leaf joint and firm into the compost.
- It can help to keep the cutting in a moist atmosphere; one way is to secure a plastic bag over the plant until roots have formed.
- Once you see signs of growth remove bag and keep in light position.
Pots, tubs & baskets:
- Choose a container with sufficient drainage holes, part fill with Green Machine™ Organic Multi-Purpose Compost.
- Make a hole large enough to take the root ball of the plant to be potted.
- Place the plant in the centre of the compost and firm in.
- Top up with more compost and water well.
- Dig hole twice the size of the root ball and add a layer of compost.
- Place plant in the hole and backfill with compost, firm down and water well.
Please Note: This product is not suitable for lime-hating plants such as Azaleas, Rhododendrons, Pieris, Heathers and Camellias.
Green Machine™ Organic Multi-Purpose Compost delivers the following key benefits:
- Sustainable - made from 100% natural ingredients
- Fertile - will feed plants for up to 6 weeks
- Increases yields and provides uniform growth
- Suitable for diverse applications
- Promotes fast rooting
- Requires less watering
- Friable - free flowing and easy to work
- Improves soil structure and visual appearance
- Safe to use (certified to BSI PAS 100:2011 and CQP standards)
Please contact us on 01482 325221 for prices and delivery information or to discuss your needs.
||*Small bag (30 litres)
||*1m³ bulk bag (1000 litres)
||Up to 0.6m² at a depth of 50mm
||1m³ covers up to 20m² at a depth of 50mm
*Approximate volume when packed
Peat free compost containing recycled materials is a greener, kinder compost.
- Today, lowland peat bogs and their wildlife are threatened through peat extraction; many species such as dragonflies, butterflies and birds depend on peat for their existence.
- Peat covers about 3% of the world’s surface, but it contains enormous amounts of carbon; equivalent to that contained in twice the world’s forests combined.
- Peat develops very slowly; a 10 metre deep peat reserve will have taken 10,000 years to develop. So we can’t replace it quickly or easily.
- Peat free compost is made from recycled materials which would otherwise have been sent to landfill.
- It doesn’t cost the earth - we believe that growing responsibly shouldn't need to be expensive.
- What’s more, you’ll see fantastic results in your garden!